Basilio H. Sepe is an independent photographer based in Manila, Philippines. His coverage focuses on national and regional concerns. He has done multimedia work for various international and local outfits such as ABS-CBN News Online, LICAS News Philippines, Benar News Philippines, European Press Photo Agency (EPA), Getty Images, Associated Press (AP), Agence France-Presse and more. He is also an active member of the Photojournalists’ Center of the Philippines (PCP) and an alumnus of the Angkor Photo Workshops 2016.
His work on the Philippine drug war has been recognized by the International Photography Awards (IPA) ’ and was named “Photographer of the Year” for the Philippines in 2018.
Basilio bagged 2nd place in the Top news, Singles category of the 5th Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest in 2019.
He also served as the photography editor for The Varsitarian, the student publication of the University of Santo Tomas where he also received his Fine Arts degree.
• Tatlong Taóng Walang Diyos: An exhibition of images that chronicle the three years of Duterte rhetoric conditioning policy and practice at Cubao Expo in Quezon City, Philippines
• The Andrei Stenin International Photo Contest 2019 exhibition at the State Historical Museum, Moscow, Russia
• Neither Here Nor There: A solo exhibition by Basilio H. Sepe featuring his photographs from his trip to New York City and Washington D.C., U.S.A. in 2018 at the Oarhouse Pub of Manila in Malate.
• Scapegoating The 'Other' in Southeast Asia - The Night Shift in Jakarta, Indonesia
• International Photography Awards Best of Show exhibition curated by Catherine Edelman by Catherine Edelman gallery at Splashlight Studios, One Hudson Square in Manhattan, New York
• 'Kakapatay' (After The Execution): A collective exhibition on the Philippine government's campaign against illegal drugs by the De La Salle University (DLSU) in Manila, Philippines
• What We Talk About When We Talk About The "War on Drugs" - A multimedia exhibit on the Philippine government's campaign against illegal drugs by the Ateneo School of Government
• The Night Shift: Group Photo Exhibition hosted by Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand in Bangkok, Thailand
• Philippines War on Drugs: The Nightshift collective exhibition Bayeux-Calvados Award for War Correspondents in Sarajevo, Bosnia
• Warm Festival - Philippines War on Drugs: The Nightshift collective exhibition curated by Damir Sagolj in Sarajevo, Bosnia
• The Enemy In The Dark, 2017